The Doorway to Recovery’s
Suggested ‘What to Bring’ List
What to bring to the intake appointment:
– All CURRENT medications and/or any prescriptions that have not yet been filled that you intend on having in the home with you
– Drivers license or Identification card. (Passport is acceptable)
– Insurance Card(s)
– List of allergies
– List of 1-2 Emergency Contacts
What to bring when moving in:
– Your daily clothing including undergarments and socks. Shoes, slippers, or socks must be worn in the home at all times. Please do not bring an entire wardrobe. Most clients bring roughly 2 weeks – 1 month worth of clothing as we have free laundry facilities at all of our homes.
– Personal hygiene products. DO NOT bring mouthwashes with alcohol as an ingredient. You’re free to bring electric items such as blowdryers, curling irons, and electric toothbrushes & shavers.
– Shoes for any occasion including work, meetings, and outdoors.
– Cell phone and charger(s)
– Tablet or Laptop computer with your chargers
– Journal and writing instruments
– Your AA “Big Book” or any related material you may want
– Games, cards, movies, or anything entertaining you might want
– GROCERIES – all clients supply their own groceries. Please initial your items with a sharpie. Your home monitor will show you your personal shelves, your refrigerator and freezer area, and any additional storage that may be needed for small items. We do not allow large quantities of items in the home due to space constraints.
– Blankets and bedding are provided, however, most people like to bring their own as it provides comfort. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN IF YOU WISH! We want you to be as comfortable as possible! We only ask that you wash all bedding before you enter the home or immediately upon entering the home. We have laundry facilities at ALL homes.
– A lock box to keep prescription medications in. All prescription medications must be approved by the Main Office before being brought into the sober living homes.
– Small amount of cash for cigarettes, food, gas, or any incidentals.
– Bicycle, car, or other form of transportation… You may want to be able to lock it up, so if you are bringing a bike, bring a bike lock too.