The Doorway to Recovery’s
Sober Living Housing Rules
– Participants must be out of bed Monday-Friday by 8:00am and Saturday-Sunday by 10:30am, unless special wake-up times have been approved by a director.
– Chores are to be completed daily by every individual in the home. Chores rotate weekly and must be completed by 8:00PM daily.
– For the first 14 days of enrollment, your curfew is 10:00PM each day. After 14 days, it’s extended to 11:00PM (1:00AM Friday and Saturday evenings).
– Responsible to keep the home tidy, especially personal areas.
– No feet on the furniture or sleeping anywhere except your bed.
– No candles or incense permitted in any home. LED candles are okay.
– Loud and abusive language is not allowed in the homes.
– Each participant is issued a key when they arrive at the home, if the key is lost or stolen a key replacement fee will be assessed to client.
– No sitting, smoking, or hanging out in groups in FRONT of the homes.
– No fraternizing with neighbors or neighborhood residents not related to DTR.
– No sitting in cars with others in front of the home, on the street of the home, or in parking area of homes. You may sit in your own car to smoke a cigarette if it’s snowing or storming.
– NO MEN ALLOWED IN WOMEN’S HOMES and NO WOMEN ALLOWED IN MEN’S HOMES.
– No unapproved adjustments of the thermostats in homes.
– Responsible to turn off lights, televisions, fans, and the like when leaving the homes.
– No smoking allowed in ANY home. There is smoking outside at all homes, please dispose of cigarette butts in proper containers provided.
– All clients MUST sign in and out of home any and every time they enter or leave.
– All prescription medications must be kept locked in a secured lock box.
The Doorway to Recovery reserves the right to make changes, exceptions, and add anything that will benefit our program and our clients best interests at any time for any reason.
Violation of any rules can/will result in proper sanctions which can include:
– Warning form signed with a Director including consequences you’ll have to follow
– Temporary Discharge
– Full Discharge – forfeiture of any/all funds
– Expulsion – Not Welcome Back – forfeiture of any/all funds