The Doorway to Recovery’s
Sober Living Program Rules
During your intake, you will be given a copy of The Doorway to Recovery’s program and housing rules. You are required to read the entire booklet during the intake and sign the last page noting that you’ve read and understand the rules.
A brief overview of Program Rules:
– Must attend all meetings, functions, and events held with DTR
– Overnight passes are available after 30 days in the program.
– If you are employed you are required to attend 5 recovery meetings per week. If you are unemployed you are required to attend 6 recovery meetings per week until employment is gained. Participants who are disabled or retired are required to attend 6 recovery meetings per week. Acceptable recovery meetings are:
- Alcoholics Anonymous Meetings
- Narcotics Anonymous Meetings
- Celebrate Recovery Meetings
- SMART Recovery Meetings
- Life Recovery Functions
- Monday Doorway to Recovery Residential Meeting
- Weekly Doorway to Recovery House Meeting
- Up to ONE church service per week
– If you are unemployed you’ll have to follow our Work Search Program to gain employment within two weeks of your enrollment. We have roughly a 90% success rate of clients becoming employed within two weeks using our simple and effective structure.
– Obtain a sponsor within two weeks of admission into our program.
– ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for the following: use of drugs/alcohol, possession of drugs, drug paraphernalia, alcohol, inhalants, imitation drugs (k2, spice, kratom, etc…) designer drugs, synthetic or stored urine, weapons, physical violence, threatening and intimidating behavior, stealing, possession of unapproved (narcotic or other) medications, sharing or distributing any prescription medications, malicious destruction of property, sexual misconduct, racism, bigotry, or insult of lifestyle choices. Violation will result in an immediate discharge from the program with possibly of re-entry given only with approval from DTR staff.
– We strongly discourage any dating or relations between clients enrolled in The Doorway to Recovery.
Violation of any rules can/will result in proper sanctions which can include:
– Warning form signed with a Director including consequences you’ll have to follow
– Temporary Discharge
– Full Discharge – forfeiture of any/all funds
– Expulsion – Not Welcome Back – forfeiture of any/all funds