I’ve heard it said that a real man rejects passivity, accepts responsibility, leads courageously, exemplifies integrity, has reconciled with his past, is working on leaving a legacy and expects a greater reward!
As I spoke about at Woodside Bible Church in Troy and in my last blog, I haven’t always been that man. However, through Christ, with my family, friends and my brothers in Christ I am working on becoming that man in the following ways:
- Rejects Passivity – Instead of ignoring the problems and issues and hoping they just go away, I am facing them head on and I know that “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. – Philippians 4:13
- Accepts Responsibility – I am taking full responsibility for my failures of the past and my actions of the future by submitting myself to God. “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” – James 4:7
- Leads Courageously – I will love and lead my family and business with the courage to always do the right thing even when it isn’t comfortable. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9
- Exemplifies Integrity – I will be the example of integrity by being a man of my word and a man of The Word. “Whoever walks in integrity will be delivered, but he who is crooked in his ways will suddenly fall.” – Proverbs 28:18
- Reconciled with his past – I have faced my failures, accepted responsibility for my actions, asked for forgiveness and stand in the truth that “All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation” – 2 Corinthians 5:18
- Working on leaving a legacy – I do not want to be remembered by my failures but by my love and the way I allowed Christ’s love to show through me, that is a true legacy! – “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. – John 13:34
- Expecting a Greater Reward – I know because I have chosen to follow Jesus, I have a guaranteed reward “But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself.” – Philippians 3:20-21
I hope you have made the choice to follow Him too!